We are tiny beings in an incredibly vast universe living in bodies composed of elements from the earth and cosmos for a flicker of time. We have the gift of the breath, our mind, the present moment and free will. With these gifts we can choose our own adventure.
I am committed to being a person who is loving, strong, present, humble, and compassionate. I am curious about other people's stories as a way to understand them holistically from the perspective of a student, as an equal, and as a teacher.
People are not defined by their jobs or their stuff. So I have taken a different approach to presenting my story below...going beyond the standard bio.
What's Important to Me
- Family - loved ones including my sons, parents, and the legacy of my grandparents
- Health - physical and mental health
- Happiness - being happy and helping others be happy
- Peace in the Present Moment
- Learning - cultivating knowledge and experience daily
- Creating - contributing knowledge, art, business, new opportunities, and value for family and clients
- Truth - Being impeccable with my word and seeking truth
- Adventure - seeking rich experiences in all aspects of daily life
Elements Which Make Up My Body (%)
Key Virtues from Roman heritage which I cultivate
- Comitas – "humour" – ease of manner, courtesy, openness, and friendliness.
- Constantia – "perseverance" – stamina, as well as general mental and physical endurance in the face of hardship.
- Clementia – "mercy" – mildness and gentleness, and the ability to set aside previous transgressions.
- Dignitas – "dignity" – a sense of self-worth, personal self-respect and self-esteem.
- Disciplina – "discipline" – essential to personal excellence; also connotes adherence to the legal system.
- Firmitas – "tenacity" – strength of mind, and the ability to stick to one's purpose at hand without wavering.
- Frugalitas – "frugality" – economy and simplicity in lifestyle, without being miserly.
- Gravitas – "gravity" – a sense of the importance of the matter at hand; responsibility, and being earnest.
- Honestas – "respectability" – the image that one presents as a respectable member of society.
- Salubritas – "wholesomeness" – general health and cleanliness, personified in the deity Salus.
- Veritas – "truthfulness" – honesty in dealing with others.
My Work, Experience & Creations
- Leading corporate venture capital at Pegasystems where I select, invest, and coach early stage companies delivering digital transformation solutions for enterprises globally.
- 15+ years experience working as a Salesforce.com partner overseeing more than 1,000 projects helping companies improve sales performance, optimize marketing, and streamline business operations.
- Co-Founder of Theikos a Salesforce.com consulting company where I was the CEO for 8 years until successful sale to Astadia. Theikos was the first salesforce.com partner with global resources in US and India.
- Founder at a payment software company helping companies to improve Order-to-Cash process and drive revenue growth. Working with customers and partners like Visa, CyberSource, YMCA, Salesforce.com, Hadco Metals, and more.
- Spending time with my sons and other loved ones
- Building soulful, learning relationships
- Long Walks & Hiking
- Working Out with weights, body weight, kettlebells, and steel mace
- Enjoying music and struggling to learn guitar
- Water Sports - Paddle Boarding, Kayaking, Jet Skiing
- Mountain biking
- Snow Boarding
- Practicing philosophy as a tool for self improvement